What is NABH
NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organisations. The board is structured to cater to much desired needs of the consumers and to set benchmarks for progress of health industry. The board while being supported by all stakeholders including industry, consumers, government, have full functional autonomy in its operation.
Benefits of NABH Accreditation
Patients – Patients are the biggest beneficiaries among all the stakeholders as certification results in high quality of care and patient safety and ensures the whole system is patient centric.
Healthcare Organization– Certification to a health care organization stimulates continuous improvement. It enables the organization in demonstrating commitment to quality care. It raises community confidence in the services provided by the health care organization. It provides an opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best and benefit from financial incentives given under various government schemes to such accredited hospitals.
Healthcare Staff– It improves overall professional development of the hospital staff and provides leadership for quality improvement in various techniques. It also creates a good working environment where the staff can continuously learn and take ownership of their roles and responsibilities.
Regulatory Bodies – Certification provides access to reliable and certified information on facilities, infrastructure and level of care, which can be used by insurance organizations and other third parties, thus, reducing uncertainties while making a public decision and getting assurance about the capabilities of the healthcare organization.
Accreditation to a health care organization stimulates continuous improvement.
- It enables the organization in demonstrating commitment to quality care and patient safety thereby ensures best clinical outcomes.
- It raises community confidence in the services provided by the health care organization as services provided by credentialed medical staff
- It also provides opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best.
- An accreditation status also provides marketing advantage in a competitive health care.
- The HCO standards having been certified by ISQua gives an international recognition which will also help to promote medical tourism.
- Finally, accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other third parties.